There are many types of improvements one can make to their home to add value. Certain home improvements add more value than others. Consider the return on investment on your next project to ensure your money is well spent.
Here are the top 10 home improvements in terms of return on investment as estimated by the National Association of REALTORS® Cost vs. Value Report and Remodeling Magazine.
10. Siding replacement, foam-backed vinyl (upscale)
9. Window replacement, wood (midrange)
8. Minor kitchen remodel (midrange)
7. Deck addition, wood (midrange)
6. Siding replacement, vinyl (midrange)
5. Garage door replacement (upscale)
4. Siding replacement, fiber cement (upscale)
3. Garage door replacement (midrange)
2. Manufactured stone, veneer (midrange)
1. Entry door replacement (midrange)